This book and CD set is a comprehensive daily routine for brass players by world-renown tubists, Patrick Sheridan and Sam Pilafian. The Brass Gym includes a 100+ page book and 78 minute play-along CD featuring the two authors.
...from the Authors...
"The Brass Gym" contains a daily basics routine developed from a synthesis of our experiences from more than 50 combined years of touring as performers and educators throughout the world. The workout consists of exercises that cover comprehensively the basic aspects of wind playing. It can also be used as a warm-up activity as the exercises are ordered in a gentle "ramp up" with demand increasing throughout the workout.
You Should Go To The Gym Everyday To Learn To:
-Play Without Tension
-Buzz With Correct Technique
-Play With Smooth Air
-Play In The Pedal Register
-Balance Rest with Playing
-Play With A Soft Touch
-Play With Great Flexibility
-Slur With Ease
-Learn To Do Lip Flips
-Extend Your Range
Each instrumental version has been edited by the following individuals:
- Trumpet Gym - Mark Gould (The Julliard School, Manhattan School of Music)
- Horn Gym - Dr. John Ericson (Professor of Horn, Arizona State University)
- Trombone Gym - Dr. Jonathan Whitaker (Professor of Trombone, University of Alabama)
- Euphonium BC or TC - (Sam Pilafian & Patrick Sheridan)
- Tuba Gym - (Sam Pilafian & Patrick Sheridan)